The Children’s Hospitals’ Solutions for Patient Safety (SPS) Network represents the most herculean effort to date by children’s hospitals to create a universally safe and healing environment for all children who are in our care.
With the creation of the SPS National Children’s Network – in partnership with the Cardinal Health Foundation, Children’s Hospital Association and the federal Partnership for Patients initiative – leaders from now 145+ children’s hospitals have stepped forward and committed to clear, shared network goals of harm reduction to both patients and employees/staff by December 31, 2021:
- 80% of SPS hospitals will achieve performance targets in the following HACs:
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI): 1.07 infections per 1,000 central line days
- Pressure Injuries (PI): 0.04 PIs per 1,000 patient days
- Unplanned Extubations (UE): 0.95 UEs per 100 vent days
- Reduce Network Employee/Staff Days Away, Restricted, or Transferred (DART) by 25%
- Reduce Network Serious Safety Event Rate (SSER) by 75%
These goals were developed by assessing the rates for network hospitals that submit outcomes data and have achieved 90% reliability to the respective SPS Prevention Bundle. CEOs, hospital boards of trustees and clinical leaders are aligning their organizational goals with the network harm reduction goals to transform the safety and quality of care delivered in children’s hospitals. Click here to see our Network’s results.